- God created us in His own image to be His friend and to experience a full life assured of his love, abundant and eternal- ."Everyone who is called by my name,Whom I have created for my glory; I have formed him, yes I have made him - Isaiah 43:7
- Jesus said, "...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10b)
- "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ," (Romans 5:1)
- Since God planned for us to have peace and abundant life right now, why are most people not having this experience?
- God created us in His own image to have abundant (meaningful) life. He did not make us robots to automatically love and obey him, but he gave us a will and a freedom of choice. We chose to disobey God and go our own willful way. We still make this choice today. This results in separation from God.
- "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," (Romans 3:23)
- "But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear." (Isaiah 59:2)
- The Bible says..."For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
- When man chose to disobey God, the result was death. The basic meaning of death is separation. The Bible teaches that there are three types of death, or separation, that result from sin.
- Spiritual death separates a person from the life of God:
- "As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins," (Ephesians 2:1)
- Physical death separates a person's soul from the body:
- "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment," (Hebrews 9:27)
- Eternal death separates a person, both soul and body, from God forever:
- "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15)
- Throughout history individuals have tried many ways to gain or earn eternal life, but every attempt has been unsuccessful. On our own, there's no way we can attain the perfection needed to bridge the gap to God. Good works won't do it...or religion...or money...or morality...or philosophy.
- The Bible says..."There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." (Proverbs 14:12)
- "He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit," (Titus 3:5)
- "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." (Ephesians 2:8,9)
- Jesus Christ is the only answer to this problem. He died on the cross and rose from the grave, paying the penalty for our sin and bridging the gap between God and people.
- "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit," (I Peter 3:18)
- "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," (I Timothy 2:5)
- "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
- Believing means trust and commitment - acknowledging our sinfulness, trusting Christ's forgiveness and letting Him control our life. Eternal, abundant life is a gift for us to receive.
- "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
(1) Receives eternal life
(2) Does not come into judgment
(3) Has passed out of death into life
(1) Admit that you have sinned against God and ask Him for forgiveness.
(2) Believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died for you on the cross, rose from the dead, and is Lord.
(3) Call upon Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior and in doing so, turn from your sin and aggressively follow Him.
If you've turned from sin to follow Christ and in this prayer you have acknowledged that you are trusting Christ, then the Bible says that you can be sure you have eternal life.
- Let us know! We would love to meet you, pray for you, and encourage you in any way we can. (go to the “About Us Page” and let us know what has transpired).
- Maintain regular intake of the Bible to now Christ better.
- Talk to God in prayer every day.
- Tell others about your new faith in Christ.
- Worship, fellowship and serve with other Christians in a church like Emmanuel Baptist where Christ is preached.
- As Christ's representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others.